If you fancy to travel to Europe but you are still hesitant about the destination, or you feel worried about your safety… Slovenia is ideal for a solo female beginner traveler. The safety index in Ljubljana is rather high up according to Numbeo. A Slovenia Lake Bled solo trip was just the perfect getaway for me when I needed a recharge.
Thanks to the many Instagram influencers posting about this amazing place, I found it.
What to Expect When Traveling Alone in Lake Bled
I would expect that safety is everyone’s top concern when traveling by themselves in a foreign country. As a whole Slovenia is a destination which many families choose to raise a family. Safety is very highly regarded throughout the country and this is even more true about the natural wonder – the Lake Bled. I have to say I felt very secure there even at night
Lake Bled is charismatic and very peaceful. It is just under 2 hours from Slovenia’s capital city, Ljubljana! And Ljubljana is another hidden gem! A terrific destination in Slovenia for a solo trip after Lake Bled.
What you can expect when traveling alone in Lake Bled is that it will be very peaceful. So, if you are looking for a peaceful and breathtaking escape, you should go to Bled! Located at the foothills of the Julian Alps, and 1 1/2 hours from Ljubljana, it’s perfect for a day trip or overnight stay.
I visited in the middle of October, which was past the busy summer season. I would recommend that if you want to spend more than a day trip, try and go in peak season. At the time of my visit, you could see the town was really settling down from the travel season.
Best Day Activity Ideas for Lake Bled
Bled has a very popular campsite by the lake, Garden Village Bled. It is located 300m from Lake Bled. Tree Houses! Glamping Tents with Hot Tubs, Pier Tenants and Luxurious Apartments available!
Another popular resort site is Camping Bled, and it also offers glamping tenants, little designer cottages and luxury rooms. Be sure to check out the special packages offered at both resorts. Resorts are closed from approximately mid-October until April. Book in advance!
Bled Castle: A trip on your own
- Bled Castle, not to be confused with Bled Island, is the 11th-century castle sitting up on top of the hill. Its views are incredible! Definitely worth the hike up, if you choose to go on foot. The bus service is also available to reach the top of this amazing place. The castle grounds are filled with exciting places to explore, such as the museum and wine cellar! Pay a visit to the printing works room that is “the home” of postcards and other craftwork.
Should you be hungry, this will not last for long. You could either go for the cafe-style restaurant with outdoor seating or head straight to Bled Castle Restaurant, where a reservation is needed. The latter has made my head spin – I do recommend it!
Visiting Bled Island By Yourself
- Bled Island is the famously photographed Gothic church centered on its own island in Lake Bled. Built-in 1465, this single-nave Gothic church has a special featured 52m high bell tower, that you can ring! This church is open to the public, and has a viewing tower, worth the climb! You can reach this island by rowing your own rented rowboat, or by joining a small group on a Pletna boat! More details can be found on their website.
Best Places to Stay at Bled Lake, Alone
Do you worry about safety when staying alone in a hotel? I’ve come to expect when I travel alone that I’m going to pay extra attention to the hotel I book.
I personally do a lot of research and make sure to stay in top-notch accommodations. If you are going to be alone when traveling, you want to feel comfortable.
Here are some top hotel choices:
Best Boutique Hotels in Lake Bled:
- Riki Balance Hotel this hotel has all the modern and chic you will need on your little getaway. The pools are especially impressive! Two onsite restaurants, full-service spa, and airport shuttle service!
- Old Bled House All of the charms of the world lives in this hotel just a 20-minute walk from Bled Castle!! This hotel is small with only 5 guest rooms, booking in advance is a must!
Best Luxury Hotels in Lake Bled:
- Grand Hotel Toplice-Sava Hotels This is the five-star experience you have been saving for! The lakeside luxurious hotel offers world-class service and incredible views of Bled Castle.
Best Stylish Bled hotel:
- Vila Alpina is stylish and simple located 6 mins by walk to Bled Lake, and 12 minutes to Bled Castle. This hotel proposes a self-service laundry, free wifi, an airport shuttle, and a garden.
Places to Eat Alone at Bled Lake:
At times no matter how adventurous a journey is, doubts and insecurities might crop up and rule over our vacation. This too shall pass…
Eating on your own could be seen as a meditation in itself. it is by no means a reason to feel sad or lonely but rather grateful to spend some quality time alone while enjoying the famous second glass of wine.
Best Lunch and Dinner in Lake Bled:
- Restaurant Sova is a great idea for either lunch or dinner and is located right along the lake. The rooftop dining terrace is an exclusive place to enjoy a meal here.
- Penzion Berc has a lovely garden terrace setting for outdoor dining. Classic fine dining restaurant, I suggest trying the fish dishes. Be sure to book ahead.
- Castle Restaurant If you have only made up your mind for a restaurant experience – do attend the Castle Restaurant. It will be a memory to cherish. Reservation is advisable. Make reservations.
If you are traveling solo like I usually do, be sure to treat yourself to a nice restaurant. Don’t waste any time worrying about doing it alone, and thinking it would only be special if you were with someone.
It took me a long time to realize that celebrating myself and enjoying the time I had alone creates a more self-confident and capable of a person. Also, waitstaff treats you extra special when you are alone, and usually will always find a way to squeeze you into a crowded restaurant!
In other words, one is a much more manageable number. You deserve a nice solo trip at Lake Bled in Slovenia. Embrace these moments and yourself! 🙂
Now that you know “What To Expect When travelling alone in Slovenia”, try visiting Ljubljana
Pin it for Later