Salzburg Is One of the Best Places to Travel Alone As A Woman!
Are you a female solo traveler looking for a safe destination to visit? Such a place does exist, and it so happens, I found it!
Salzburg, Austria is one of the safe European cities to travel alone, as an independent woman! I will list reasons as to why you should visit, along with top-notch recommendations!
I was lucky enough to stroll the streets of this musically enchanted village in October! The leaves were just starting to turn, and the air was crisp and cool. October is a wonderful month to visit Europe in general. High tourist season starts to slow down in September, and by October, it’s the perfect time to visit!
As a solo female traveling, safe cities are extremely important to me. In general, I don’t think you can go wrong in Europe traveling alone as a woman. Salzburg is the spot for solo travelling when you are a single woman, especially a beginner in adventure travelling!
There are always areas of any city that you want to be more cautious of. Salzburg as a whole was very safe! You can feel really good about walking around at night as a solo female.
Finding The Ultimate Safe Solo Travel Destination?
Best of What to Do In Salzburg
- Fortress Hohensalzburg, which can be seen in my pictures, is perched on the hill overlooking the city. You have a choice of taking the trolley to the top or burning off all that pastries by walking up on foot. Whichever way you get there, you will feel satisfied with the outcome. The views are truly spectacular, and plenty of activities to do upon the grounds. If you are hungry and thirsty, you can satisfy those cravings at the castle restaurant or tavern, located within the castle walls. If you want to go to the castle crazy, visit the website here, and make plans to visit the many castles in the Salzburg Region.
- The streets in Salzburg come alive with the sound of Mozart. The historic old town is relatively small, making getting around easy. The gardens at Mirabell Palace are as if taken straight from a romantic novel. An afternoon can easily be lost wandering around the grounds of this palace. Bring a book, coffee and just enjoy its beauty.
More Safe Solo Top Places to See in Salzburg
- Fraulein Maria’s Bike Tour There is no better way to see Salzburg than by bike! When I am a solo female traveling around, I always look for a bike tour. It’s a great way to make travel friends!
- Hellbrunn Palace Hellbrunner Wasserspiele is known as a true wonder that can still be experienced today although it was built more than 400 years ago. Here you will find Mystic caves, water-driven figures, and treacherous spray wells!
- St. Sebastian Cemetery is a 400-year-old that has been revived in the heart of the city. It’s worth checking this place out when visiting Salzburg.
- Hanger-7 is located at Salzburg Airport. This unique building houses the historical Flying Bulls aircraft and a collection of Formula 1 race cars. It also has, Restaurant Ikarus, two bars, an outdoor lounge, and one cafe. It’s an event location, and a meeting point for art lovers and bons vivants, too.
- Petersfriedhof The Erzabtei St. Peter, the oldest monastery in the German-speaking world, in the heart of Salzburg’s old town. Since 696, monks have been living, praying and working here.
- Residenzplatz is a magnificent forecourt between the archiepiscopal residences in the heart of Salzburg’s Old City. It is bordered by the New Residence with its carillon, the Cathedral, the Old Residence and a continuous row of townhouses.
- Salzburg Cathedral located in the center of the old town, Salzburg Cathedral is most impressive! A visit shouldn’t be missed.
- Sound of Music Tour You don’t have to be a fan of The Sound of Music to enjoy any of the tours provided by this company! When you are a solo adventurer or have a short amount of time, guided tours are the best.
Safe Solo Travel Accommodations
Most Convenient Boutique Hotels in Salzburg
- Hotel Goldgasse is a special hotel located in Old Town. Arty, creative and cool is the best way to describe the hotel’s atmosphere.
- Hotel Goldener Hirsch is traditional and exceptional when it comes to the aesthetics of this hotel.
- Arthotel Blaue Gans is a great choice for a boutique modern style hotel.
Top Luxury Hotels in Salzburg
The most luxurious hotels can be found in Salzburg. If you are looking to treat yourself to a one of a kind experience, look no further:
Best Quality Budget Hotels in Salzburg
If a lady is looking for ways to spoil herself in Salzburg but has a tight budget, here are some tips for you:
Best of Where to Eat in Salzburg
Top Breakfast Spots in Salzburg
Best Bistro Lunch Places in Salzburg
- Magazin is a unique dining experience. A store that serves small bites, and sells goodies of all varieties. As well as, a full-scale restaurant on the upper floor.
- Augustiner Brewery would make a wonderful choice for a casual lunch on a day of site seeing.
- Stiegl Brewery Women like beer too! Salzburg has some special brewery and Stiegl is offering public and private tours. There is an on-site restaurant, a perfect place to have lunch! Also, for the beer enthusiast, there is a beer museum.
Traditional Dining for Dinner in Salzburg
What are the places to have a tasty dinner on my own and meet new friends in Salzburg?
Best of Where to Drink in Salzburg
If you are running around the streets of Salzburg, alone or with a company, and looking for a great cocktail, check out these spots!
Trendy Cocktail Bars in Salzburg
Transit Information For Salzburg
The local trolley/bus site is www.obus.at. Here you can buy day tickets in advance, which will save you time and money.
I would recommend downloading the Transit App by clicking HERE
Almost every woman is interested in culture, here is some advice on what to do if you are traveling on a budget or want to save money.
If you plan to stay more than just a day and will visit multiple museums, I would highly recommend purchasing the Salzburg Card. This will get you free admission to most museums, trains, and buses, also the river tour. Many discounts for hotels and attractions. For more information please click HERE
Salzburg is pretty small, which gives you the advantage to see most of the city on foot. The main train station is about a 10-minute walk to the historic old town.
For Additional Ultimate Safe Solo Travel Destinations?
Hallstatt is approx. 2 hours by train from Salzburg. Click Here for Train Site
Hallstatt is located on the western shore in Austria’s mountainous Salzkammergut region. The most recommended way to travel to Hallstatt would be by train. The Attnang-Puchheim train station is 50 minutes from Salzburg and 135 minutes from Vienna.
Innsbruck, Austria was the backdrop of the film The Sound of Music. I was lucky enough to spend an afternoon here in 2009. It was so incredibly long ago, I will need to do a more intensive visit before offering any recommendations. I can tell you from its approximately 4 1/2 via train from Vienna and only approximately 1 hour 45 mins via train from Salzburg!
If you want adventure, color, and a little charming chaos, get inspired about Verona Italy, A City to Love! For more insights into Verona, check out Verona Italy, A City to Love
Pin it for Later!