(Disclaimer: Some links in this post may be affiliate links, meaning if you click on the link and make a purchase, I receive a small commission. This is at no extra cost to you and you may even receive a small discount. See disclosure for more information.)
Top Corfu Town Restaurants & City Guide
Do you travel for food? I do…! When traveling, my objective is to find the best restaurants, period. I really hate to waste any of my precious time and money on a so-so meal.
My ability to sniff out, pun intended, the best restaurants is something I take pride in. After successfully referring friends on their travels to great dining spots, I thought I’d create blog posts for the masses.
This guide contains my best picks for Corfu Town restaurants and includes a city guide, with a map.
For the FREE Downloadable map, scroll to the bottom of the post.
How To Visit Corfu City As A Single Female Traveling
Perhaps you feel experiencing island life is only meant for lovebirds and you fear the possibility of feeling lonely on an island full of couples. Another concern you may have is that an island could not propose much diversity. When I started traveling alone I had all those prejudices too – it is normal. But I made up my mind and said to myself “I want to visit Corfu city on my own, as a strong and adventurous woman. I will make friends on the way and find out more about Greek lifestyle”
Once you mentally get past “being alone” you really can let yourself enjoy that you are on your own! My days really ended up being exactly the way I wished them to be! If you still lack confidence or need an extra nudge, read my 5 Must Read Reasons Why You Should Try Traveling Alone
Finding Transportation to Corfu City
It’s important when visiting the Greek Islands Alone to be prepared. Upon arriving at this tiny Greek airport, here are a few helpful tips:
- Buses to Corfu city are not too frequent
- The taxi ride is only 7 minutes, and should only cost 8 euro * they will try and charge you 15 euro
- You can just walk there in 25 minutes
I was told by my Airbnb host that the taxi should be 7-8 euros. So I was quite surprised to be asked for 15 euro at the end of my 7-minute taxi ride. The lovely Greek atmosphere did not let me pick up a fight over the fare difference.
A Single Woman Traveling TIP: Confirm the cost before you get in the car.
Top Places to Eat When Traveling Alone in Corfu City!
Solo Friendly Breakfast Spots:
When traveling alone, finding the best restaurants is my top priority. As I mentioned, one of the reasons I started this blog was for my ability to seek out the good bistro spots. Not the ones that break the bank, but the trendy and reasonably priced.
Since I refuse to eat at the so-so tourist traps that are often expensive and not impressive, here is my list of hidden restaurant gems in Corfu:
- Bistro Gabao is where I started each morning. This little cafe that serves full egg breakfast, is located in a hideaway alley. It is right in the Corfu city and not to be overlooked!
- Puppet Cafe has a lovely ambiance and coffee drinks. Puppet is also a guest house available for room bookings.
- Josephine Cafe just swanky and modern, they serve everything you could be looking for.
- Cafe Tierra has the most amazing coffee. I’d say awarding winning, and I am not the only one with this high appraisal.
Memorable Finds for Lunch & Dinner:
Corfu town is very small! I found that there were a handful of restaurants that I really enjoyed enough to write about.
- Pane E Psarki is a charming little restaurant to eat alone, which is located at the very entrance to the old town Corfu. Delish and fresh fish dishes, with a few vegan options, like the one pictured. I can highly recommend enjoying a refreshing Aperol Spritz along with your meal is recommended to lighten up.
- Sway is another great choice for lunch. It is located in the main square and is really close to Pane E Psarki. Sway is a stylish place with great food and friendly staff.
- Nolita was my favorite dining experience in Corfu. I actually ate there 3 out of 4 nights of my trip. Every meal I enjoyed there was cooked and garnished with perfection.
- Oi Oraies Benitses is where you will find all the great vegan food!
- Aubergine Cafe is another choice for healthy vegetarians and vegan food lovers!
Where to Stay When Traveling Alone Corfu City?
Cruising online for the right accommodation in Corfu could be a very time-consuming and energy-draining activity. Personally I chose to stay in an Airbnb, located in the old town’s heart. Choosing an Airbnb in such places let you both save money and get to know locals, their traditions and culture.
The vast majority of nice hotels are approx. 3 miles outside of the old town. If you are traveling with others or plan to rent a car, then you should check those out.
Depending on the type of female solo traveler you are, staying at the outskirts of Corfu could either make you relax or make you feel a little isolated.
I urge you to look into Airbnb for your accommodations when traveling alone. It can be the best way to save money and stay as central as possible. For first time customers to Airbnb, here is a coupon for $38 off your first stay!
Corfu Hotel Recommendations
Under 4 miles from the city center
Best Day Activity Ideas: Single Woman Exploring!
Everyone has a different travel style. Personally I prefer solo traveling because I feel free, light-hearted and love a little challenge and adventure. I’m definitely a stroll around town and take pictures kind of traveler. I am not a huge fan of shopping either. If shopping is your thing, the old town in Corfu has a variety of shops to put your wallet to work.
I didn’t find that many name brand stores, which isn’t a bad thing, just saying. Overall, I wouldn’t call it a “shopping city”. Just little shops selling a variety of Greek goods. These can be found all over Corfu’s old town.
Full-Day Boat Cruise to Parga, Sivota and Blue Lagoon
Who doesn’t want to say they have been to the Blue Lagoon?!? Highlights of this incredible tour are:
- Swimming and snorkeling in the crystal waters of the Blue Lagoon
- Visiting the cave of Sivota Islands
- Learning the history of the area and its many shipwrecks from the on-board guides
- Strolling the picturesque streets of the seaside resort of Parga
This is a full day of 10-11 hours. Get your tickets for this day trip HERE!
At The Old Venetian Fortress By Yourself
The name says it all. It’s an antique fortress that sits on its own little island located at the base of the old town. I spent an hour or so walking around, staring into the glorious sea, and taking pictures. There are no bad angles when taking pictures at the fortress. If you are hungry, it won’t last for long, as there is a restaurant laying nearby on site. For you, history buff’s for details on this fortress can be found Here
If you are looking for a place of worship, there is a beautiful church here as well. The other main attraction would be to climb up to the viewpoint. The climb is not all that intense, just a few steps. The sun is fierce, so I suggest you put on some sunscreen. Don’t count too much on finding shade on the island, as it is scarce.
Solo Serenity Beach Day in Corfu City
A great way to spend a day solo is with a book at the beach! With water so crystal blue you will want to take a sip, I dare you not to spend all your time at the beach!
You are surrounded by choices to get in the water. Even along the roadways, you will see accessible stairways that take you into the blue. The people of Corfu definitely enjoy a swim, and I promise you will too!
You can find many restaurants seaside that allows you to just pull up a lounge chair and relax. Yes, you will need to buy something… but hey, why not order a cocktail?!
More Ideas When Visiting the Greek Islands By Yourself:
Visit Albania by Ferry: Ferry Schedule
Private Tour of Northern Corfu: Tour
Paxos Antipaxos Blue Caves: Info
Stay in Touch!
Once a month I send out a monthly newsletter summarizing all that I learned from the month, travel-related and life inspiring. I include free access to all the GOOGLE MAPS for the corresponding posts! Sign up today!
Stay Safe in Corfu City
FREE Downloadable Map of Corfu
All the links of this post are preloaded into a Google Map for you!